My guest today is Gilles Buck, teacher and founder of the Bitcoin Nature Fund, a 501(c)3 nonprofit charity dedicated to habitat restoration, conservation and rewilding. A lifelong environmentalist and educator, he believes that Bitcoin can be leveraged to improve conservation and reform the environmental movement.
This is our first sponsored episode! We are incredibly grateful to partner with the Sun Exchange. With Sun Exchange, you can easily earn Bitcoin and make a positive impact on the planet. Progressive Bitcoiner listeners get a free solar cell with their first purchase. Get started at:
In this episode we cover:
- Gilles’ Bitcoin journey from investment to advocacy
- Bitcoin and complex systems
- What compelled Gilles to start the Bitcoin Nature Fund
- Illegal gold mining in Peru
- Reducing gold’s monetary premium